Saturday, June 1, 2013

We're All Here!


The full team was assembled today. We had a fast paced day and covered interesting aspects of the trip; our spiritual focus, team rules, sharing expectations and finally teacher training with a twist. Covering so much in a day, with adequate rest has only been possible due to the effective planning of my fellow staff members. Praise God for them! After a long Saturday, I hope we get to give the team more rest time tomorrow ;) Here's a brief overview of what we did:

1. Devotions
Our morning started off with a time of worship. Victor, our team leader shared "What is the Church" and "What is Discipleship". Being also my brother, I was surprised at how clearly he organized and communicated his message. It resulted in our mind & heart being challenged to think further on the reasons why we do what we do. We were challenged to think biblically. As he shared with us the overview of the 22 topics he had prepared for the rest of the trip, a sense of expectancy grew. "A faith that is not challenged is a faith that does not grow". Together, we look forward being challenged over this trip! 

2. Team Rules
We introduced the team rules in a very different way. :) If you come on the trip, you will see!

3. Bubble Tea!
Lunch came and went. However, not before some of the team members tried Bubble Tea for the very first time!


4. Relationships
By the time we came back from lunch, it felt like we had already been together for a week.


5. Times to laugh
A hilarious game was played after lunch. With good planning, fun is possible! We wanted to demonstrate that in even the way we taught the teachers. Fun can be used to help good teaching. A lesson that we've learn over the years is to keep things exciting - God has taught my brother & I to use all 5 senses to teach children (and even adults!) rather than just reading from a book.

6. God speaking
God has been speaking to me especially about the area of Design and insecurity, accepting that God has made us all different and that God is enough. It is with joy that I was privileged to conduct the teacher training. In honesty, I did not really want to teach - with thoughts coming and going that the knowledge I had was not good enough. And yet, this is also a reflection of the thoughts our team members would be having. I was praying that God would give me the strength to do His will... although I narrowly wanted to hand over the responsibility to a very ready fellow staff member, I knew that I needed to get out of my comfort zone.

Although not perfect, I prayed that God would speak through my imperfections with His truth. With all sincerity, I do not think I am the best teacher trainer. Many in the room have far more experience than I. Yet, God is so faithful. With a heart of gratefulness I look back and see, a lot of what I was teaching had to be practised then and there in that very room. Struggling through the feeling of worthlessness, but acting on the truth that we are merely vessels that speak FOR Jesus Christ through the Word. We are mere messengers of a King who has FULL authority. It is not about us, but it is about Christ, His Kingdom, His Lordship, His sovereignty - for He is the Creator of all things. He owes us nothing! And yet by His grace we are still breathing, to tell the world of this Good News.


-------------------

"Worthy are YOU, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created"Revelations 4:11

Indeed, as I began to surrender to God our devotions, God used the rest of our team members to share their experiences and speak God's truth IN teacher training - making it one of the more memorable teacher trainings I've had, although not perfect.

Thanking God for the team & for His grace, in all things!


Eunice Peh
Staff Member from Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...