Sunday, June 2, 2013

Four Days, Rolled into One!!


"Rrrriiinng!" It took me some time to realize that the irritating sound was my alarm clock. Thankfully. my helpful roommate turned off my alarm clock and quickly the day begun. And believe me, it was a long day. First stop was church. We got lost on the way there but finally we reached and enjoyed the teaching from the word. The church we attended graciously allowed us to promote CI to their members and we had good conversations with the people there.


After lunch at the mall, we headed back to start preparing crafts for the next day. It was encouraging to see everyone busily getting everything done and sharing laughs along the way.

Later in the day, we did more team bonding activities. We each shared one weird thing about our parents. Many of us were left in stitches by the interesting anecdotes which told a lot about each of our families and our background. The most hilarious account was from a team member whose mom, when he was younger, bought him pajamas that matched hers and took a picture of them bouncing on the bed.


We ended off the day with a surprise ice-cream sundae party! With no freezer to buy ice-cream in advance, a dash to the nearby supermarket was in store and we returned panting but with the necessary ingredients. It was a fitting end to a long day. With impromptu performances to accompany the ice-cream, lots of laughs were heard.

We praise God for how the trip has gone so far. As I was preparing to come, I was convicted about my lack of faith. Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." I realized that I had let all my fears of things that could go wrong at CI cloud over this whole trip. As I surrendered everything that could possibly happen into His hands, I was able to stop worrying and truly enjoy being here. That being said, we are still at the beginnings of this trip and the team is greatly looking forward to all that is ahead!

Please pray for...
1. the continued good health and safety for the team
2. us to remain sensitive to what the Lord wants to teach each of us
3. wisdom for the leaders of the team


Jolynn Tan
Staff Member from Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...