Sunday, June 23, 2013

Highlight of the Trip

 

On Tuesday, I was teaching a lesson on Salvation and redemption and Trudy asked how we know that we are saved. I told her that if we asked Jesus into our hearts then he saves us from our sins.


On Friday, the children were all writing­­ out feedback forms about how ­­they enjoyed the CI and I looked at Trudy's paper and she had written: I want to know Christ. I asked her if I could talk with her, so we started talking. I explained to her the plan of salvation and asked her if she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. She said Yes! I led her through the salvation prayer, she then shared with me that she lies to her parents and her classmates; so I explained how she needs to confess her sins to her parents and needs to turn from her sinful ways now that she is a Christian. We went to the large group to hear a story and Trudy started crying and asked if she could go to her Mom, I said she could. Then her Mom came to me later and asked why Trudy was crying and I told her how she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. Then her Mom started to wipe tears from her eyes. This was my first time to lead someone to the Lord. I thank the Lord for blessing me with the opportunity to invest into these childrens' lives.


Deanna Glick
Team Member from USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...