Monday, June 3, 2013

Heart of the First Night


"O GOD, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee...To see Thy power and Thy glory, so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary."  - Psalm 63:1-2

These verses really stood out to me in my devotions this morning. As I read them, I couldn't help but think about the amazing team that God has brought together to serve Him this month!

The past couple days have been spent getting to know each other and getting to Know The Lord on a deeper level. Team devotions are certainly one of my favorite parts of the day! During devotions, Victor has been challenging us to go deeper in the Word of God and in our thought process.

One of the things he said today was this - "Great character alone does not change the world. It is, in fact, useless. But great character that flows from a heart that is dedicated to Christ will reap great reward!"

This really stuck out to me because the Lord has been continually bringing the heart to my mind this weekend. It started during the trip to KL, when I was showing one of my fellow teachers the fruit on a palm tree. I told her - "Look at the heart of the tree. All of the fruit grows from the heart." This started a whole discussion on verses in the Bible about the heart.

Ever since then, the Lord has been faithful to bring "the  heart" to my mind. My desire for not only this week, but the rest of the month, (and when I go home as well) is to reach the heart of the children. I don't want to just give them a list of how-to's, or a bunch of character qualities that they HAVE to follow. I want to impart to them a heart-knowledge of our Heavenly Father, so that when this week has ended they can look back on it an see a change in their lives. A change for the better. A change that has brought them closer to The Lord. 


Speaking of the heart- I must say that the heart of this team is amazing! We truly are family after only a couple of days together. It is a tremendous joy and honor to serve The Lord alongside a group of people who are all passionate about not only serving The Lord and teaching children, but also about KNOWING the Lord.  Tonight was the first night of our first CI, and it was wonderful to see all of that passion in practice!


I have been a part of a few CI's, and I can honestly say that tonight was one of the best first night's ever! The children were so energetic, and were doing big hand motions without being coaxed by their teachers. It truly blessed my heart to look around the room and see so many smiling faces!


Please be praying for the team this week. We all have some quirks and issues to be worked out on our teams this week. Please pray that we would all follow the Lord's leading to do what is best for each of the small groups.


Kristin Baine
Team Member from USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...