Sunday, June 9, 2013

Serving the Lord Wholeheartedly


Praise the Lord! We had a safe journey (with no eventful events happening while clearing customs, thankfully) and made it to Singapore in record time.


So far, CI has presented its fun and positive side to all of us. We all had a terrific time in Malaysia, and all our teams were seemingly perfect in individual ways. All the teachers had good reports of our own teams, hence the late night discussions. It was a great first week – the best I’ve ever had (I’m sure many of the teachers would say that too). However, after such a hectic week, all of us are starting to get tired. We are learning to draw strength and wisdom from God by spending time in His Word, and also to learn to spend personal quiet time, and sleep! We’ve also been learning to let what God has been teaching us to overflow to the kids, so that they not just see the lessons coming out from our mouths, but from our lives as well.

- This year's staff team -

God has been teaching me much the last week. One of the things I learnt was to channel the children’s energy to focus and be attentive to what I was teaching them. I had a bunch of very energetic and hyperactive kids, and they could be really rowdy. But God has been teaching me to love each of the children individually as He had created them and to accept them fully. I learnt to balance myself between games and teaching, and I had an awesome week with the children, learning the principles of God’s Word together with them. I’m really grateful to the Lord for allowing me to come on this trip, and I’m really excited to see what He has in store for me in the next three weeks to come! I’m also excited to see what God has in store for us as a team to discover in the next three weeks! Do keep us in prayer as we continue this exciting journey together, that we can have unity and oneness of spirit as we serve the Lord wholeheartedly.


Krystal Ling
Team Member from Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...