Thursday, June 7, 2012

Perfection in Weakness


Hey guys, Ariel here! It's been about one week since the team has started on the first day of CI and God has been teaching me just soo much. Yes, it is quite a cliche thing to be saying while on a missions trip but one way or another, it's true.

It's funny how God loves to use the weak ones to do His work. Of course, as humans we have that tendency to believe that it's too humiliating, but in reality it is quite the opposite. I believe that through our weaknesses, specifically my weaknesses, Christ is glorified. I'll admit coming into this trip I was terrified about teaching the kids. Speaking (nevermind teaching!) to large groups of people has always frightened me, but I have been pushed waaay out my comfort zone throughout this week. Needless to say, it has been a thrilling and eye-opening experience. God has/still is prompting me to just let go and fully trust Him. He's shown me that despite my fears and weaknesses of teaching, He can still use me for His kingdom. 

On Wednesday, I had the privilege and task of teaching the kids "The Battlefield of the Mind". All through the week, we had been telling the kids how they are soldiers in the army of God and that we are in the Truth War against Satan. I started the lesson worrying in the back of my mind about how it would go. I explained to the children how Satan just loves to sneak in lies and make us believe them. The feedback from the children was immediate and graciously overwhelming as they began to ask how they could defend themselves from these lies. My partner and I were able to take the opportunity to explain how to use God's Word to fight the devil back (Truth vs Lies). It wasn't really until after the lesson that I realized the connection we'd built with the children and that (praise God!) they had really understood the importance for taking on the armor of God. 

I know I can't take any credit for it because it was always Him and never me. However, I am very encouraged with this small step forward and the excitement for all that's in store for me and the amazing team only builds with each day. All glory to Him.

Soli Deo Gloria.

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...