Thursday, June 4, 2015

Day 3: Through the eyes of Krystal


Hello everyone!

This is Krystal reporting from KL, Malaysia. We started the day playing a really fun icebreaker, having a really good team bonding time. Then we moved on to do personal devotions & team devotions. 

Our focus was on examining the condition of our hearts. I was struck by how the Bible describes our hearts to be “deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked” (Jer 17:9). Victor gave us some really good questions to chew on. What are my heart’s treasures? Do I truly love God with all my heart? How do I overcome this wicked heart that the Bible says I have? 

To be honest with myself, my most treasured possession would be my phone. I would say that I love God, but with a divided heart. I realise that my heart is full of self and sin, and that I need Christ to sanctify me everyday. I know I needed to submit to Christ but I wasn’t fully willing or prepared to. But as I was gradually praying, I pleaded with God to make me willing to repent and submit. I pray that God will continue to work in my heart gradually, Day-to-day, to become more and more Christ-like 


After lunch, we spent the afternoon doing teacher training and preparing or CI that night. I was praying for ideas and creativity to teach our group of children, and also for a good time bonding with them. I’m very grateful to see that the kids were more responsive than yesterday night, and were more cooperative, especially during large groups. I prayed that God would give me strength to love each and every child as he/she is, and not try to change them into becoming the ‘perfect’ child I wanted them to be. 








I would like to raise some prayer requests. Please pray that the whole team will continue to grow in unity of spirit, for our health as many of us are now starting to lose our voices. Pray that each individual CI team would have synergy working together & grow in our relationships as we learn how to teach together.

Thank you for being our prayer partners! Do continue to be updated through this blog! We will keep you posted.

Blessings!
Signing off, Krystal Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...