Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Final Words

Time has flown by and we are nearing the end of the trip already! So much ministry has happened through seeds that have been sown over the past three weeks. We are thankful that God is the one who brings the increase and though we may never see all the increase that God brings we can rest knowing that He is fully able and in control. 

On a personal note I’d like to share with you a few things the Lord has taught me on this trip. First of all life is short so be intentional! When I see life from the perspective that I am dying it causes me to check my motives in what I’m doing and depth of conversations I have with others. This trip we’ve been teaching the kids in CI about the seven “I Am’s” Jesus says He is in the book of John. Everyday Jesus gives me a fresh perspective of how great He is and yet He says let Me tell you who I am and let’s live in fellowship through a relationship. Spend three weeks pondering who Jesus says He is and I’ve come to a new level of desperation for Him when I realize just how much I can’t live this life without Him.       

CI has finished but the trip is not over. Today we traveled to Villa Bukit Pinus for a few days of final team time and fellowship with some of the local families. It’s great to get away from the city for a bit and enjoy the mountains and cool air. Tonight we had church with Mr. Teh and then family game night of occupational charades. It’s quite fun seeing everyone's creativity come alive as they crack out of their comfort zones to pass the message to their teammates through acting. And we can’t forget to say Happy Birthday to our teammate Grace and celebrate with a little cake!

I’m so grateful the Lord brought me back to Southeast Asia to serve with this amazing team and of course all the lessons God has taught me along the way. 

- Elizabeth Shoemaker (Eltz) 

Staff Team

June 25, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...