Thursday, June 16, 2016

Devos+Food+CI=A Great Day!

Hi everybody! Greetings from Singapore! My name is Joyce and this is my first time teaching at CI. This morning started out with a really good devotion that set our minds into deep thoughts. Sam talked about God’s agape love and that His love for us is everlasting even though we don’t deserve it.
In the afternoon we went to the mall to relax a bit and buy KOI, a really delicious drink much like milk tea. Anyway, after that we went back to the hotel to get suited up and go to the church. At the church, we went into our own teams and prepared our own stuff for the night. I am teamed up with Brianna, and she is an awesome assistant. She’s so efficient and she uses every scrap of everything when preparing the craftsJ. After all was done, we sat down to a deeeeeelicious dinner.

Youth 2 Youth Session
Around 7:00 PM, the kids began to arrive and we started off with a fun game that was connected to our lesson, that being how Jesus said that He is the Good Shepherd. The kids were quite attentive and interested in the lesson. We then went to large group where we sang songs, memorized verses, and of course, listened to STORIES! The kids LOVE story time and they listened and watched attentively through the whole story. We had one more small group and another large before the night ended and the kids went home.

Tired but happy, we teachers returned to our hotel. I am really thankful that God always gives me the strength to teach when I feel exhausted. Plus I’m really grateful for my assistant. I really don’t know what I would do without her help. Anyway, it’s getting closer to the end of Singapore week L. Nonetheless, I am so grateful to God for His blessings and His agape love for me.

Blessings,
Joyce Ling
Team member


June 16, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...