Thursday, June 9, 2016

Another Day, Another Journey

This morning started with Mr. Teh giving us a short word on how we should see our teammates. We then moved on to our core event of the morning, that being teacher training, of course. We were given ideas and shown examples regarding our lessons for the kids. 

I remember the announcement of our Youth 2 Youth meeting. This was shocking because I had no idea what that meant or what to expect. It turned out to be our special event for some of the younger folks from the seminar to be around like-minded Christians and be taught new things about God and themselves.

At 4:00 PM, Youth 2 Youth began. We were taught perspective-opening and mind-blowing ideas! I learned that we can only go as far we let our mindset to be. If I think I am a loser, my subconscious makes that thought a reality; likewise, if I think that I want to be a millionaire, my subconscious will help me get there. This was personally very helpful because I always thought that I couldn't.

After wrapping up Y2Y, my team began to prepare for today only to find out that we had already done all that we could. My team decided that we could use this extra time to lend a helping hand to the staff before I had to go and prepare my lessons for today.

My leader taught the lesson about Jesus as the Good Shepherd, followed by our crafts. To my dismay, I found out too late that we were doing the crafts incorrectly which costed us precious time. Thankfully, we were able to catch up on these things pretty quickly during the next small group, and from there things went on without a hitch.

Lastly, I got picked to play in one the skits for large group. At first I was nervous, but God helped me clam down and I actually had an enjoyable time up there on the stage!

Jason Theos

Team Member

June 9, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...