Tuesday, June 22, 2010

LAST POST by vick :(

Hi again all!

I don't think I will be having anymore time to update this blog until the trip is over from now on...so I would really like to share the last lesson God has taught us for this last week in Jakarta Indonesia. I had made a commitment to God before coming on this trip, that I wanted GOD to lead the team and not me. That all I would be is a mouth in position to speak whatever He wanted to say and do with the team. It is constantly hard to break myself of my position and rights, asking God for His instructions and HIS leadership on the team. And God has proven Himself a strong leader by teaching us the truths that He has been doing these past several weeks. The last instructions for the trip were given to us while we were praying last Friday night in Singapore. We were seeking God's face and instructions when He told us yet ANOTHER shocking truth. God gave us His vision for the entire trip, and it was that the students return back home with a change of heart. I was frustrated at first because I had always high expectation of results in my human self, but God rebuked me and told us the problem with some of us. The verse God gave us was 2 Tim verse 3:7. Which says " My people are ever learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." Also we had Hebrews 5:12 and I was asking God, "what do you mean God? What is it that prevents us from understanding your truths?" And God revealed to us that there were still hidden secret sins in our lives. It doesn't matter if it is just one person, because if one member of the body suffers, we ALL suffer as a team. God said that He is light, and in Him there is NO darkness. Some of us were still having secret darkness in our hearts, and it was protected by pride and defensiveness. We were too used to seeing things in darkness that it hurts to see things in the light of God's truth, THAT is what hinders people from realizing truth. And God also warned us from debating about " GREY " areas, which He said is debating about lukewarmness. Our focus should not be about what we CAN do in lukewarmness. But our focus should be on how we can become HOT and on fire for the Lord. I pray that the team will understand this important lesson and that it will truly set us free even back at home! We thank God again for his lessons and for saving us! I pray that this trip will not be just based on survival, success, but that it will be SIGNIFICANT in God's eyes and history! God's vision for the whole team is that we go home having this trip a significant turning point in our lives that we can share as a testimony to others :) God bless yall and thank you all for praying for us! We wouldn't be where we are today without the prayers of all of you out there! THANK you and God Bless!

"In every victory, let it be said of us...that our source of strength and source of hope is in Christ Alone. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...