Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thursday: Day Four in Singapore



This week in Singapore seems to pass so quickly! I am still all new to this CI and teaching stuff, and I believe most of us on the team are. I thank God for my team in Singapore, as well as my assistant Emily! She has such a sweet spirit with a heart that truly wants to serve the kids! Honestly, I was a little taken aback when I was told that I was going to be the leader for the Singapore week. I am so grateful that the kids are so responsive, enthusiastic, and genuinely interested in what we are teaching them.

Today we taught on Patience and Suffering. I shared the story of how the butterfly had to be patient while it emerges from the cocoon and this boy on my team named Reuben corrected me by saying that cocoons are for moths while the pupa was for the butterfly. I was like, ok, good to know! :D Emily did a great job on the suffering lesson by sharing her personal testimony of how she broke her ankle while jumping on the trampoline and all the kids were like "oooh.." and getting all into the story. I believe we got the point across, by the grace of God. Both Emily and I make it a point to pray before each CI session (we forgot about it on tuesday though!) that the kids will have a spirit of understanding and be able to apply it to their own lives. After all, truth does not change lives. Only truth applied changes lives. I am very much teaching and preaching to myself whenever I lead a class. God is working in my life as much as He is in every other team member. We are not a perfect team and I do not intend to portray it that way, albeit it is tempting to do so. We sincerely covet your prayers for a spirit of one accord and for strength for the two weeks ahead in Indonesia! We are unworthy but willing vessels for the Lord...

" But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of your mercy; in fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple."
Psalm 5:7

Bernita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...